The Best Way To Clean Up Water
Call Kleen-Tech on 1300 305 030 for all water cleaning enquiries in Melbourne
If you attend your home, work, office, warehouse, apartment or commercial building to find that it’s been flooded we recommend calling in a flood damage specialist and in the meantime taking the following water cleaning tips to prevent as much damage to your property as possible. If there is only a small amount of water damage you can certainly ventilate the room, switch off any heating systems and use towels to soak up the water from the flooring and carpets. The next step would be to hire a dehumidifier to reduce the moisture in the air and a carpet drying fan to effectively dry the area that has been damaged.
How To Clean Up Water
By taking the following steps you can significantly reduce the amount of water damage to your property and belongings but also ensure the safety first of yourself and those within the property. We only recommend using the following tips if the area is safe and secure.
- Phone a flood damage specialist immediately to commence water cleaning as soon as possible
- Ensure the water damaged area is safe to enter by checking electrical items and securing the area from people and pets
- Try and identify the source of the flooding and move any items of furniture and belongings out of the way
- For heavily saturated areas that aren’t contaminated use towels and soak up excess water. Repeat this process for all water damaged areas in your property
- Switch off any heaters in the property to ensure low humidity to the area
- Try and ventilate the rooms with cold air only. Any heating systems will result in the water rising and creating increased humidity and further drying and water extraction