What To Do Before Kleen-Tech Arrives
It’s sometimes hard to think clearly when there’s water flooding your home or business? – so this handy checklist could be useful.
Emergency Check List
It’s sometimes hard to think clearly when there’s water flooding your home or business – so this handy checklist could be useful.
- First priority – Keep your family and staff safe and dry. Switch off power to all water soaked areas of the home or business premises – water and electricity are a potentially deadly combination
- Try and cut off the source of the water.
- Burst pipe leaking washing machine or other appliance or fixture – turn off the cut off tap that supplies the appliance if possible (look under the sink or next to the toilet for a stopcock ), or turn off the water at the mains outside the premises. Block doorways to adjoining dry areas with light coloured towels (dye might run from dark coloured fabrics).
- Storm damage or rising flood water – Phone the Victorian State Emergency Service on 132500 for help such as an temporary tarpaulin over the roof. Burst water main, call Melbourne Water- 131722
- Call Kleen-Tech any hour of the day or night, we will have a flood damage specialist at your premises within an hour to assist and advise you and assess the damage.
- Move any valuable possessions out of affected rooms if you can, or lift them onto a chair or table to keep them out of the water. Be extremely careful with any plugged in electrical equipment – e.g. TV set – water and electricity can be a deadly combination. DO NOT even attempt to use a vacuum cleaner to suck the water up – it would be extremely dangerous.
- As soon as the Kleen-Tech expert has completed an initial assessment, he can advise on the extent of the damage, estimate the time required to dry out the premises, and discuss a step-by-step flood damage restoration programme. The we will take care of just about all of the paperwork for you to speed up the insurance claim.
- Check that all your valuables and possessions that can be moved out of the water damaged area are dry, and make all valuables secure.
- Enable access to the premises for Kleen-Tech vehicles, equipment and clean up teams, and leave the drying out and cleaning up to us.